Nightshift - Multi skilled Electrical bias Maintenance Engineer
Engineering, M&E - Electrical, Maintenance
Our client are specialists in their market sector, they have an outstanding opportunity for a Nightshift - Multi skilled Electrical bias Maintenance Engineer to join them on a permanent basis. If you are a highly experienced Multi skilled Electrical bias Maintenance Engineer and you are happy to work permanent nightshift this role could be ideal for you.
The Job You’ll do
- Work safely at all times complying with and using (safe systems of work using permit systems, method statement, dynamic risk assessments).
- Efficiently and effectively fault find / diagnose technical / process issues.
- Coordinate and cooperate with production supervision on a day to day basis to ensure smooth running of plant and equipment.
- Resolve breakdown issues with minimal impact to production.
- Identify process and equipment improvement opportunities (maintenance schedules and equipment capability / reliability).
- Complete all maintenance activities on time as planned.
- Be flexible in attendance to complete activities.
- Follow instructions provided by site management / supervisors.
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area at all times.
- Be a proactive team member.
- Improving technical skills and knowledge at all times.
- To be IT competent and be able to complete shift reports detailing all relevant information to ensure continuation and / or review of repair.
- Some overtime working is expected.
- To have some fabrication / welding skills.
- Ability to interpret electrical drawings.
- Fault finding skills on automation systems.
- Experience with AC/DC drives.
- Understanding of PLC’s.
- 18th edition IEE reg’s Desirable.
- Able to test & inspect fixed wiring & equipment installations.
- Cable & Containment selection experience.
- Install, Build/rebuild of equipment projects.
- Site & equipment (electrical) responsibility.
- Recognised engineering apprenticeship or similar qualification.
- 3 - 5 years' engineering experience gained working within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in PPM and fault finding on hydraulics and pneumatics systems on modern machinery and equipment.
- Electrical knowledge
- Using computer systems.
- Sound maintenance / engineering experience in a production environment, ideally a heavy engineering environment.
The Rewards and Benefits
- The rate will be £19.81 p/hr for the right candidate, plus 15% shift allowance.
- Bonus scheme & shift allowance.
- Overtime is paid at time & Half.