Strategic Account Planner
Our client is a market leader in their specialist manufacturing field. Due to sustained growth, they are now looking to recruit a Strategic Account Planner as part of their Logistics Supply Chain team.
- Developing a good working relationship with strategic customers both external and internal, across the full range of company products.
- Leading the daily logistical, planning, forecasting and ordering functions of the external and internal strategic accounts, which includes:
- Working to the agreed terms of any agreements in place with customers.
- Ensuring orders received are planned, processed, and acknowledged in a timely manner.
- Ensuring the timely submission of forecasts and analysis of said forecast.
- Weekly call participation with internal and external customers.
- Providing regular updates of forecasted turnover and cost to senior management.
- Being the key internal point of contact for any logistics and supply chain requirements for these customers within the business, leading solution development efforts that best address customer needs.
- Actively improving existing and developing new working procedures to support the work desired output for the customer.
- Playing an active role in the supply chain and logistics set up of any new strategic account that is brought on board.
- Stock management where held for a particular customer/area.
- Production of ad hoc reports relating to these particular areas.
- Having a full working knowledge of the ERP system requirements needed to support the work for each account/area and having the administrative knowledge and capability to process the orders and shipments for holiday and sickness cover.
- Previous experience in a planning/logistics role within manufacturing or engineering environment.
- Excellent IT, written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organisational skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience of managing a demanding workload in accordance with tight deadlines.
- Hands on logical approach to problem solving.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability and desire to contribute to the development of the company through involvement in continuous improvement projects/activities.
- You will be working for a well-established growing employer.
- An excellent salary.
- A company experiencing continued growth, expansion and investment.
- The company are fully compliant with the latest health and safety requirements for current safe working practices.