Supply Chain Controller
MTrec’s New job opportunity:
MTrec recruitment have partnered with our long standing and prestigious manufacturing and engineering client in their 2022 recruitment drive. The company are an industry leading organisation and offer fantastic company benefits. If you are seeing your next permanent career move, apply now for an immediate response!
The Rewards and Benefits on offer:
- A highly competitive basic salary
- A permanent contract from day one!
- The opportunity to work for a blue chip, industry leading company
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Immediate starts available
- You will be joining a well-established team of supply chain professionals
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Long service Holidays
- Death in Service benefit
- Cycle to work Schemes
The job you will do:
- Ensure Business system set up correct – BOM/Pick System (WIC item table)
- Ensure Functional trimming plan created and kept up to date
- Ensure functional checklists are updated and achieved
- Ensure subgroup status reports updated and reported at SPR with customer
- Manage closure of QRQC open actions
- Ensure documentation is up to date and reviewed within specified timescales
- Eliminate / manage obsolescence costs for all design changes.
- Continuous review of obsolescence risks
- Contribute / provide info to improvement activities, VSM, IDS, QC Story
- Trial Management
- Control & Management of BOM releases for both Minor & Major projects
- Database/tracking sheet control & management
- Ongoing Management of company BOM maintenance
- Coordinator teams, liaise with teams to ensure all actions closed out
- BRF receipt & issue pick lists to the team
- Managing Suppliers timing plan with adoption dates to achieve project key milestones (Excluding tooling changes)
- Organising & preparing for project key milestones for all design note releases & changes
- All Customer and company system static data are fully aligned.
- in the event of a delivery threat because of a design change prepare facts and contingency plans and liaise with the customer
- Effectively plan introduction of change.
- All Customer and company system fully set up and aligned for new project introductions.
- Contribute to closure of Customer delivery concerns relating to design changes (SAIS)
- Contribute to ensure department ZIP audit plan is achieved.
- Ensure adherence to H&S regulations, rules, and procedures
- Ensure the accident and incident procedure is fully adhered to
- Ensure adequate PPE and accident equipment is available
- Identify and review personal training and development to ensure skill level meets dept needs and objectives
- Effectively co-ordinate cross functional team to manage customer / company design changes
- Previous experience within a design change role, ideally within automotive manufacturing/engineering.
- You may have experience within logistics/supply chain and have experience of maintaining developing Bills of Materials.
- You will be able to apply good time management techniques
- You can encourage and participate in effective team working
- Have an ability to respond readily to requests which require flexibility and mobility including training and development
- Computer literate