Food Production operative
£10.34 Per Hour
Temporary to Permanent
MTrec Recruitment are currently recruiting for a prestigious food production company based in Gateshead.
Working as a hygiene operative in a fast-paced environment your key responsibilities will include:
- Daily meetings with the Team Leader or Supervisor to discuss workload.
- To help prioritise workloads within the Department / designated Production Line.
- Responsible for the overall hygiene in the production area.
- Inspecting the quality of all products, prior to sending them to the next section.
- Packing of products.
- Machine operating and overviewing the production process.
- Following strict SOP’s
- Cleaning of equipment used in the manufacturing process.
- To carry out a variety of different duties if required, as set by the Team Leader.
- To maintain the company’s health & safety standards at all times, including general housekeeping duties such as keeping your workstation tidy.
- Experience working in a food production environment
- Food safety or food hygiene certificate would be an advantage
- A positive attitude and are willing to learn more skills on the job
- Confidence on the job and are happy to take on more responsibility if necessary
- Monday to Friday Night shift 20.15pm to 07:00am
- Opportunity of regular overtime
- Potential of a permanent contract for the right candidate after a successful probation period
- Active progression within the company
- Rate of pay: £10.34ph plus a £40 attendance bonus