£55,000 - £75,000
MTrec’s New Opportunity;
MTrec Technical are proudly representing our highly prestigious and leading manufacturing client, based in Newton Aycliffe, with their plans for growth and expansion within the North East, by recruiting a permanent Engineering Manager to join their team. If you’re a highly experienced Engineering manager, looking for your next career move, apply now for an immediate response!
Rewards and Benefits on Offer;
- 15% pension
- Working for a global multinational leader
- State of the art equipment, processes and working environment.
- Private health care
- Life assurance
- Annual bonuses up to 10%
- 26 holidays plus stats.
The Job You’ll Do;
- Engaging in a personal and professional development plan to aid in progression through the company as an Engineering Manager.
- Ensuring regulatory compliance to industry regulations, such as COMAH.
- Leading the site teams, prioritising workload in line with site requirements.
- Delivery of approved site capital projects against agreed budgets and timescales.
- Overseeing the development of the CAPEX budget.
- Full understanding of relevant engineering standards and procedures to be able to provide coaching to teams
- Approve as required technical specifications to the engineering and maintenance teams to allow engineering work to be completed as necessary.
- Lead or oversee incident investigations, processes reviews and management team discussions
- Maintain awareness of changes to legislation, Best Practice, technology etc
- Develop and maintain links with other engineers and wider contacts to ensure a network of informal support options
- Ensure that team has access to engineering standards and guidance and functional support as required.
- Experience within a manufacturing, engineering manager role.
- Graduate engineer with a number of years industrial experience - Chartership would be an advantage
- Experience in setting up and managing Maintenance contracts / Engineering Procurement
- In depth knowledge of engineer standards and process
- Good working knowledge of relevant legislation
- Strong set of engineering skills in design, development and troubleshooting
- Understanding of budgets and their control
- Good understanding of overhaul methodology
- Experience of managing CAPEX portfolios
- Excellent adherence to standards and codal compliance
- Leadership skills to build and develop a team
- Strong influencing and coaching skills
- Good analytical, conceptual and strategic thinking
- Strong problem solving skills
- Must display initiative, tenacity and concern for impact
- Prepared to challenge conventional norms and provide alternative solutions
- Committed and flexible approach to work