Design and Development Engineer
Tyne and Wear
The Job You’ll Do;
- Create, develop and maintain files for new product developments within tight timescales and agreed stage-gates. Working with varied client inputs, design constraints and approval criteria, produce all programs required for the manufacture of prototype, sample and production parts.
- Have electrical knowledge and can lead in the design the company products whilst working closely with the Technical Manager.
- Create artwork for both internal and external needs.
- Support the Technical Manager in the Production of any required technical documentation to allow BOM’s to be created and maintained.
- Provide advice on manufacturability of new products to both the Sales Department and Technical Department.
- Offer guidance on manufacturing limitations and best practices.
- Develop products from initial drawing to production ready stage.
- Supply the Quality Department with full scale checking drawings and provide technical advice where necessary. Support in delivering of Quality metrics, both internally and externally.
- Communicate with customers and Suppliers for new tooling as and when required.
- Visits to customers will be required as / when necessary.
- Be a technical lead in continuous improvement and optimisation activities across both manufacturing sites.
- Champion R&D activities from concept to completion within the Technical Department.
- Ideally be Time-Served/Degree qualified within a relevant engineering discipline.
- Previous experience within a Development Engineer position or similar.
- Experience within a variety of software packages, such as, Rhino 2D & 3D, Adobe Illustrator, Siemens SolidEdge 2D, Intermac InterCAD & Edge.
- Experience within a Development Engineer/R&D/Design Engineer position.
- Experience within manufacturing/production/engineering previously.
- Ideally possess an understanding/knowledge of electrical design and products.
MTrec’s New Career Opportunity;
Our client is a true North East success story within the regional manufacturing sector. The company is a privately-owned business with a proud heritage of developing, manufacturing, and supplying a range of highly specialised high-quality products to a true blue-chip international customer base. The company operates from a well-resourced production facility located in the heart lands of Tyne and Wear, with significant investment in new state of the art technology and product innovation with a skilled workforce aiming to provide their customers with the best service available on the market. The company is now entering a new and exciting phase of development.
They are now looking to strengthen their R&D/Technical department within the business by recruiting an experienced Development Engineer as soon as possible.
You will be joining a great North East business with a strong history, a fantastic leadership team who have a clear forward-thinking vision, and the role offers a secure positive future.