Salary £40,000 plus bonus and other excellent benefits
Permanent – Full Time
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for our client who are specialists in their market sector. They are recruiting for a permanent Buyer if you have strong purchasing skills and are commercially savvy this role could be ideal for you.
The Job You’ll do
- Support the procurement function for direct and indirect strategic sourcing for manufacturing operations, operational services and general consumable items as designated.
- Responsible for managing a range of materials and services within an assigned category.
- Functional key user for SAP purchase to pay process & transactions.
- Support the development of procurement processes & procedures to reduce and eliminate non-value-added and activities.
- Provide management information and data intelligence to support functional analysis and reporting.
- Support the Head of Procurement in achieving the objectives of the procurement function, through negotiation and/or value engineering projects in conjunction with internal stakeholders.
- Management of designated suppliers’ day to day issues including price negotiation, continuity of supply, quality conformance, problem resolution and cyclic business reviews.
- Build and maintain close working relationships with Procurement team, suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Lead commercial discussions with suppliers in line with agreed Commodity Strategies
- Identify potential new suppliers within categories of responsibility that will support Quality, Cost or New Product Development.
- Identify capability and services according to business requirements; tender process, analysis and supplier selection.
- Introduction of new suppliers, incorporating price negotiation, verification audits, specification development, quality assurance, capacity planning, logistics planning, qualification and approval, SLA’s, contract negotiation and implementation.
- Support the new product development & introduction process with early procurement involvement & on-going support for projects.
- Maintain SAP master data, including creation and maintenance of SAP contracts.
- Adhere to and promote the Procurement Policy and procedures across the business, ensuring that all procurement activity is compliant.
- Conduct analysis of market trends and pricing developments for raw materials and commodities applicable to client.
- Reporting to Head of Procurement.
- Close liaison with cross functional groups and key stakeholders.
- Responsible for External Suppliers.
- Production, Supply Chain, Finance, Marketing, Plant Chemist, Engineering, Human resources, IT, Legal, Project Teams.
- Efficient management of designated suppliers.
- Cost saving and continuous improvement projects execution.
- Key commodities market analysis.
- Internal and external working relationships.
- Development of commodity knowledge and market dynamics.
The Rewards and Benefits
- Permanent job
- Staff parking
- Excellent salary.