Director of Engineering
MTrec Technical are proudly representing our prestigious FMCG Manufacturing client, based in Stanley, with their plans for internal and external growth, by recruiting a Permanent Director of Engineering to join their team. A successful candidate will be tasked with ensuring that the business objectives are achieved, by supporting the engineering function of the company and implementing strategies as determined by the organisation. If you are an experienced Engineering Manager, apply now for an immediate response.
Rewards & Benefits on Offer;
- Competitive Salary.
- Permanent Employment.
- Immediate Start.
- Excellent benefits package.
- Prestigious Organisation.
- Stable and Growing company.
The Job You’ll Do;
- Establish, implement and maintain appropriate systems for measuring necessary operational management and development
- Ensuring a cohesive structure to ensure all engineering tasks (both projects and production) are achieved using all available resources
- Implement and maintain a planned preventative maintenance schedule for all departments
- Asset Management
- Plan, develop and implement strategy for engineering management and development so as to meet agreed organisational performance plans within agreed budgets and timescales
- Manage and develop direct reporting staff (2 x Management and a team of Electrical or Mechanical Engineers/Technicians)
- Manage and control departmental expenditure within agreed budgets
- Contribute to the evaluation and development of engineering strategy and performance in cooperation with the executive team
- Ensure the structured training and development of the team of Managers and Engineers to ensure that they all understand every process and the role they play in maintaining these
- Ensure an efficient process for risk assessment of the team
- Produce and maintain a rolling plan of continual improvement to enhance productivity via automation of processes
- Ensure housekeeping and hygiene standards are maintained and at audit standard at all times.
- Attending personal development opportunities relevant to role, i.e. NEBOSH
- Maintain the OEE and Upkeep systems
- Experience within an Engineering Management role.
- Experience within FMCG.
- Experience within a HACCP environment.
- Relevant qualifications within an engineering discipline.
- Man Management skills.
- Experience managing site H&S activities and improvements.
- Experience managing budgets and multiple projects at once.