£15.06 per hour
MTrec Technical are proudly representing our prestigious manufacturing client, based in Stanley, with their plans for growth and expansion, by recruiting a Production Engineering Technician to join their team. If you are an experienced Production Technician/Operator, either out of work or looking for your next career move, apply now for an immediate response!
Rewards and Benefits on Offer;
- Private Pension Scheme.
- Competitive Salary.
- Chance of permanent employment.
- Performance bonus scheme.
- 23 Days Holiday (+ Bank Holidays).
- Early Friday finish.
The Job You’ll Do;
- Interpreting engineering drawings, designing and manufacturing roll and/or press tools.
- Setting and operating CNC lathes, and other toolmaking equipment.
- Trouble shooting faults, trailing and repairing tools, improving part manufacturing processes.
- Performing production-acceptance trials, inspecting parts visually and with measuring equipment.
- Developing new part manufacturing processes, estimating tool and product costs.
- Keeping effective records during tool development and establishing design rules.
- Providing training and mentoring to colleagues, providing operational process coverage where required.
- Experience in CNC Turing/Programming.
- Be a time-served mechanical engineer or equivalent experience
- Strong literacy, numeracy, IT skills. Ideally, documentation and time management experience
- Have worked in a fast-paced Manufacturing, Engineering or equivalent environment
- Comfortable working to targets, good problem-solving abilities, excellent attention to detail
- Have good working CNC knowledge (ideally Fanuc/ProtoTrak). CAD experience (ideally AutoDesk) desirable.
- Ideally have small component metal cutting, forming, welding, rolling, and inspection experience