Electrical Engineering Draughtsperson (18 month contract)
Our client are a specialist word renown manufacturing company. Due to growth, they are now looking to recruit an Engineering Draughtsperson.
- Primary focus of the role is to prepare engineering drawings for manufacturing and documentation to the customer that will support the business in its commitment to delivering projects to a world class standard.
- Ensure all relevant technical standards and specifications are adhered to for full technical compliance without supervision outside of departmental guidelines.
- Collaborate with project engineer on system design and create mechanical fabrication, small bore pipework / pneumatics and electrical engineering drawings using AutoCAD (Mechanical and Electrical versions) and Creo 3D.
- Demonstrate technical ability and expertise for the company and any associated 3rd party equipment working with control systems and sampling systems.
- Cooperate as part of a team of multi-discipline personnel, sharing a wide experience and knowledge.
- Prepare and submit project documentation in accordance with client requests and in instructions from document controller / project manager.
- To liaise with engineering and production to ensure suitable drawings are supplied and any changes discussed and recorded.
- Provide technical support as required to sales and service teams.
- Attend meetings as required and support manufacturing/ purchasing teams to ensure system manufacturing is successful.
- To supply final drawings, system manuals and technical documentation to client and service / commissioning engineers.
- Maintain and nurture continuous communication with Project Managers, Manufacturing and Engineering
- Create accurate bills of materials and costing sheets ensuring budget is managed for sale projects.
- Ensure all time is logged against relevant project.
- Support manufacturing team for system builds on projects
- Ensure locally targeted strategic market / product launches comply with relevant local industry standards.
- Completion of an Instrumentation, Electrical or similar modern apprenticeship, Bachelor degree or HNC/HND in Instrumentation, Electrical or similar.
- Instrumentation & Control Engineering knowledge.
- Pneumatic value control and small-bore pipework.
- IT knowledge.
- Customer orientation.
- Ability to organise and prioritise.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Capability of assessment to make appropriate decisions.
- Mechanical fabrication.
- You will be working for a well-established growing employer.
- An excellent salary.
- A company experiencing continued growth, expansion and investment.
- The company are fully compliant with the latest health and safety requirements for current safe working practices.